Tommy Finegan, with due acknowledgement to Henry Cruise for all his research on these topics
(Saint Johns Old Cemetery Conservation Group, Nobber, Co. Meath.)
The Archaeology and the History of Nobber from the Mesolithic Age to the Nineteenth Century
Saint Johns Group was formed in 2004 to clean up the old cemetery adjoining Saint Johns Church, The original Chairperson was Tony McEntee, Secretary Todd Englishby and Treasurer Andy Reilly. That resulted in the discovery of 11 Medieval Crosses. The old Church building built in 1771 and deconsecrated in 1960 was bought in 2006 and refurbished. The intention is to convert the building into a cultural and heritage centre which is an ongoing project.
The Speaker Tommy Finegan is the Chairperson of the Saint Johns Old Cemetery Conservation Group. His family have been established in the Nobber area for three centuries.